Legal Requirements for Marriage.
I will assist you in completing all the official paperwork.
Your legal obligations include :
- You need to complete and lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM – click to download) with me. This form must be lodged with your celebrant at least one clear month before your wedding date.
- In Australia you must be 18 years or over to be legally married. In you were born in Australia you must produce your birth certificates, if overseas, your birth certificate or your passport from your country of birth.
- If either of you have been previously married you must provide your Certificate of Divorce/Decree Absolute papers, and/or if either of your spouses are deceased you must produce the Death Certificate. All certificates must be the original copy, photocopies are unacceptable.
- You must both sign a Declaration stating that there is no legal impediment to your marriage. I will provide and witness your signatures on this document.
- On your wedding day you will need two (2) witnesses over the age of 18 who have witnessed and understood the ceremony.